"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
You said they'd be running the show? Like stripes said, it'll be a typical cycle, nothing that big...a lot of GOP seats are up too, McCains for example. There was never a super majority, nothing closed door - reps are just rejecting just because. I'll ask again, what's the GOP plan that's better than the current dem one in Senate? It's the best for this nation, the GOP is just being the party of "NO", without having any plan.
Really?
HC was an epic fail for the adminastration the Dems could have passed HC with zero help from the Rs but COULD NOT DO IT
Bush started his 2nd term with a simular failure (SS) we will have to wait and see if Obama ends up in a simular situation
IMHO I think that there will be a big shift in the elections this year however I also belive that by 12 things will be better economy wise (Reguardless of which party is in power) which will favor incumbants in there races
Nope there wasn't.
And you're talking like it's over? HC reform will pass, most will agree with that, there won't be an option...but it will pass. So don't know where you're getting the failure part?
When do you think HC will pass? I dont see either of the current options getting thru right now.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
Sometime this year hopefully, I believe so anyway. I don't doubt it will be changed some, but as long as some of the major pieces of it get through, I won't really mind.
Huhhh? Not being allowed to? Bull. And some negotiations have been on CSPAN, the usual big ones have been behind closed doors(like it's always been), WITH BOTH PARTIES.
Exactly! Obama has promised a couple of things that haven't happened... HC being passed, and when was Gitmo supposed to be closed? oh that's right... that deadline already passed.
What about the 5 days of public comment before passing a bill? There's been atleast one bill Obama signed within 2 days of the Senate agreeing on the final language and putting in on his desk. The Ledbetter Act
What about doubling the money for after school programs? That didn't happen either. The spending for 2010 is only 3 percent higher... last i checked that's not double
What about a rule in congress saying companies that are bankrupt can't give big bonuses to their big guys? We are still wait for that to even be proposed.
What about giving enemy combatants habeas corpus rights? Thank God he wasn't done that yet.
And my favorite... "Communications about regulatory policymaking between persons outside government and all White House staff [will be] disclosed to the public." Obama said this... hahaha thats's the funniest thing i've heard yet. All they've done is release visitor logs, which are 100 days old or older when they are released. That's still a big difference from "regulatory policymaking".
How about this promise from Obama's website... "No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration." Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Ethics ... one example is William Lynn. He was a lobbyist for Raytheon. What does Raytheon do? They develop defense technology. What position is the former lobbyist Lynn guy holding? He's a top operations manager at the Pentagon and he decides who the U.S contracts for defense technology and the budget for such programs. He was last a lobbyist just one year before he got the job.
Shall I go on ?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks